- The calendar has redefined itself lately by creating photographs that present social commentary
- It isn’t the primary time the Pirelli Calendar featured an all-black forged
The themes for the 2018 calendar embrace a various crew of black celebrities, together with supermodel Naomi Campbell as The Royal Beheader, drag icon RuPaul because the Queen of Hearts and rapper Lil Yachty as a member of The Queen’s Guard.
The Pirelli calendar was developed a long time in the past by the tire firm as an annual showcase of feminine magnificence. In recent times, nevertheless, it has redefined itself by creating photographs that present social commentary.
The calendar just isn’t offered to the general public, however as an alternative gifted to celebrities and insiders in varied industries.
The 2017 calendar celebrated highly effective ladies and featured some Hollywood’s greatest feminine actresses. It was shot by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz.
This isn’t the primary time Pirelli has opted for an all-black forged.
Its 1987 version used the identical theme and featured a then teen Campbell who was already making waves as a mannequin.
The fashions within the 2018 calendar are:
- Adut Akech, Sudanese-Australian mannequin as The Queen of Diamonds
- Adwoa Aboah , Ghanaian-British vogue mannequin and feminist activist as Tweedledee
- Alpha Dia, Senegalese-German mannequin because the 5 of Hearts Taking part in Card Gardner
- Djimon Hounsou, Beninese-American actor and mannequin, as The King of Hearts
- Duckie Thot, South Sudanese-Australian mannequin, as Alice
- King Owusu, British mannequin, as Tweedledum, 2 of Hearts Taking part in Card Gardner
- Lil Yachty, American rapper and singer, as The Queen’s Guard
- Lupita Nyong’o, Mexican-Kenyan actress, as The Dormouse
- Naomi Campbell, British supermodel and actress, The Royal Beheader
- RuPaul, American actor, drag queen, tv character, and singer/songwriter as The Queen of Hearts
- Sasha Lane, American actress, as The Mad March Hare
- Sean “Diddy” Combs, American rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, file producer and entrepreneur as The Royal Beheader
- Slick Woods, American mannequin, as The Mad Hatter
- Thando Hopa, South African mannequin and lawyer, as The Princess of Hearts
- Wilson Oryema, British mannequin, as 7 of Hearts Taking part in Card Gardner
- Whoopi Goldberg, American actress, comic, creator and tv host, activist, as The Royal Duchess
- Zoe Bedeaux, British vogue stylist, designer and singer, as The Caterpillar